Term: initially a 1 year contract self employed with further 1 year contracts possible
Hours: 14 hours per wk over 2 days x 48 wks p/a
Salary:£17.50 per our
Location: Belle Vale Liverpool
Kindred Minds was established in 2012 and was born out of the need to provide a safe place where people with poor mental health could meet to offer each other support. In May 2015 we became a Charitable Incorporated Organisation with the charity commission.
The objects of our charity are:
To relieve the needs and to promote and preserve the good mental and physical health of those suffering from any form of mental ill health resident in the Merseyside area, in particular, but not exclusively by:
A) the provision of help, support and advice through peer support;
B) the promotion of social inclusion by providing access to creative health and wellbeing activities;
C) to provide a “safe place” where information, problems and experience can be exchanged and discussed; and
D) promoting a better understanding of mental health and helping to reduce the stigma, oppressive attitudes and behaviours associated with it.
We offer a varied and adaptive programme of activities e.g. pottery, arts and craft, alternative therapies, yoga, Ukulele/singing, excursions, coffee and quiz mornings etc. WE run an on-line mental health blog and related workshops and we offer a Buddy/Chaperone service for DWP appointments.
We are now looking for a highly motivated person to deliver the following services/tasks in line with Kindred Minds policies and procedures:
- Manage the Kindred Minds programme of activities and services
- Organising programs and activities in accordance with the mission and goals of the organisation
- Lead on the promotion of the programme and services to reach the target audience
- Monitor and evaluate the programme
- Under the direction of the Board, implementing and managing changes and interventions to ensure project goals are achieved
- Line manage the Volunteer and Session Support worker and other sessional freelancers/tutors and undertake recruitment/appointment of such
- Prepare and write reports for funders and write reports to the board
- Manage the budget in line with approved budget and undertake book keeping and produce finance reports
- Make small grant applications
- Organise and deliver in partnership with the team, fundraising events
- Deliver specific activity sessions as required
- Deal with insurance, accountancy, legal, leases, hire agreements etc
- Lead on risk assessments & health and safety for the programme
- Any other task as identified to fulfil the brief
Contact details: For an application pack, please contact Denise Bernard via email at email@example.com. In the subject bar put FAO DENISE BERNARD.
Closing date: Midday on 10th February 2020Back to blog