Location: Belle Vale, Liverpool – operating city wide.
Reporting to: board of trustees
Hours: 14 hours per week (over 48 weeks)
Term: 1 year contract initially, on a self-employed basis. Extension available for a further 3 years.
Salary: £17.50 per hour, to be invoiced monthly. £11,760 per annum
Kindred Minds was established in 2012 and was born out of a need to provide a safe place where people with poor mental health could meet to offer each other support. In May 2015 we became a Charitable Incorporated Organisation and in April 2020 we commenced our 5 year funding through the National Lottery Community Fund.
For this role we are looking for a highly motivated and competent individual to deliver the following services and tasks, in line with Kindred Minds policies and procedures.
Main duties and responsibilities:
1) Manage the Kindred Minds project; overseeing and leading activities and services
2) Organise programmes and activities in accordance with the mission and goals of the organisation
3) Lead on the promotion of the programme and services to reach the target audience
4) Monitor and evaluate the programme
5) Under the direction of the board, implement and manage change(s) and interventions to ensure project goals are achieved
6) Line-manage the volunteer and activity coordinator, sessional freelancers/tutors and undertake recruitment/appointment of such
7) Prepare and write reports for funders and for the Board
8) Manage the budget and undertake book keeping and produce finance reports
9) Make small grant applications
10) Organise and deliver fundraising events and excursions
11) Oversee and be proficient with social media and our blog
12) Work with developers to establish a website and maintain it
13) Administer insurance, accountancy, legal, leases, hire agreements etc
14) Lead on risk assessments & health and safety for the programme
15) Any other task as identified to fulfil the brief
Key working relationships:
The post holder will work under the direction of the board and an business consultant, but will be expected to work under their own initiative for periods of time. There is a need for high levels of motivation, excellent communication skills and the nurturing of relationships with service users, partner agencies and the potential stakeholders.
Knowledge, skills and experience
• 2 years’ experience in effective and efficient programme management and/or a similar role
• Proven experience of line managing people
• Experience of supporting people experiencing mental ill health
• Proven experience in managing budgets and financial record keeping and reporting
• Proven experience in beneficiary and stakeholder engagement and effective publicity and promotion techniques
• Experience in scoping and applying for small grants
Skills and abilities
• Ability to implement person centred care planning or similar tools
• Relationship building and motivational skills
• Ability to devise and implement monitoring and evaluation procedures and provide relevant reports
• Ability to produce accurate and informative reports
General abilities and knowledge
• Evidence of the ability to work calmly and remain resilient whilst under pressure
• Ability to communicate effectively and clearly to a range of individuals and audiences
• Understanding of the issues faced by people experiencing mental ill health
• The ability to use a range of office-based software packages and IT systems
• Proficient use of Facebook, Twitter and blogs
There are no specific qualifications required but evidence of relevant training and professional development to the role is desirable.
HOW TO APPLY:
You will need to:
a) Write a letter of application detailing your knowledge, skills and experience against the list above.
b) Submit an up-to-date CV
c) Provide details of 2 referees with at least one work related, preferably most recent.
Address your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Deadline for applications is Midday on Monday 19 April 2021
• Interviews will take place on Friday 23 April 2021
• We are looking for the successful candidate to start ASAP
NB: The appointed person will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS check.Back to blog