Term: Initial one year contract.
Hours: 10hrs per week with 17hrs offered until 31/03/21
Salary: £13 per hr
Location: Belle Vale, Liverpool
Kindred Minds was established in 2012 and was born out of a need to provide a safe place where people with poor mental health could meet to offer each other support. In May 2015 we became a charitable incorporated organisation and in April 2020 we commenced our 5 year funding through the National Lottery Community Fund.
For this role we are looking for a highly motivated and competent individual to deliver the following services and tasks in line with Kindred Minds policies and procedures.
Main duties and responsibilities:
1. To recruit, select, train and match volunteers to service users to assist with DWP and professional appointments.
2. To build relationships with agencies and academic institutions to help us identify potential chaperones.
3. To arrange and monitor chaperone appointments and any phone calls/video chat.
4. To supervise all volunteers ensuring paperwork is in place, completed thoroughly and regular contact is maintained.
5. To assist/lead with service activities, both online and in person by; overseeing sessions, liaising with tutors and ‘Service User Activity Leads’.
6. To assist the Programme Manager with service evaluation and all aspects of programme monitoring.
7. Manage the reimbursement of expenses for volunteers and Service User Activity Leads.
8. Compile and formulate reports and updates for the Board of Trustees on a monthly basis.
9. Liaise with Programme Manager and other sessional staff to identify opportunities for volunteers and Activity Leads within the whole programme.
10. Any other reasonable tasks, as directed by management.
The post holder will work under the direction of the programme manager, but will be expected to work under their own initiative for periods of time. There is a need for high levels of motivation, excellent communication skills and the nurturing of relationships with service users, partner agencies and the potential stakeholders.
Please apply to Paula Harrison, at email@example.com, with your CV and covering letter, stating how you meet the duties as outlined above.
Closing date: 29/10/20Back to blog