Term: initial 1 year contract self employed with further 1 year contracts possible – this post is funded by the National Lottery Community Fund
Hours: 10 hours per wk on average over 2 days x 48 wks p/a
Salary:£13 per hour
Location: Belle Vale Liverpool but operate city wide
Kindred Minds was established in 2012 and was born out of the need to provide a safe place where people with poor mental health could meet to offer each other support. In May 2015 we became a Charitable Incorporated Organisation with the charity commission.
The objects of our charity are:
To relieve the needs and to promote and preserve the good mental and physical health of those suffering from any form of mental ill health resident in the Merseyside area, in particular, but not exclusively by:
A) the provision of help, support and advice through peer support;
B) the promotion of social inclusion by providing access to creative health and wellbeing activities;
C) to provide a “safe place” where information, problems and experience can be exchanged and discussed; and
D) promoting a better understanding of mental health and helping to reduce the stigma, oppressive attitudes and behaviours associated with it.
We offer a varied and adaptive programme of activities e.g. pottery, arts and craft, alternative therapies, yoga, Ukulele/singing, excursions, coffee and quiz mornings etc. WE run an on-line mental health blog and related workshops and we offer a Buddy/Chaperone service for DWP appointments.
We are now looking for a highly motivated person to deliver the following services/tasks in line with Kindred Minds policies and procedures:
In relation to the Buddy Chaperone Scheme:
- Recruit, induct and support the volunteers
- Arrange support sessions and training for the buddies
- Manage appointments
- Monitor the scheme and provide progress reports to the Programme Manager
- Manage expenses for the buddies
- Manage paperwork/admin liaising with the Programme Manager
Other tasks include:
- Supporting engagement of service users in leading activities in identified activity sessions and facilitating these sessions
- Liaise with programme Manager and other sessional tutors/personnel in identifying opportunities for volunteers and activity leads within the whole programme
- Any other task as identified to fulfil the brief
Contact details: For an application pack, please contact Denise Bernard via email at email@example.com. In the subject bar put FAO DENISE BERNARD.
Closing date: Midday on 10th February 2020Back to blog