Hours: 37.5 hours. All applicants must be prepared to work on a rota basis. Hours will include weekends, evenings, bank holidays, waking nights and sleep-ins.
Salary: £9.16 – £9.98 per hour, depending on location.
Location: L7, L13.
L’Arche Liverpool is looking for care workers who are passionate about working with people with learning disabilities. They want honest, hardworking people, with integrity, who promote dignity, respect, and equality, who have a positive ‘can do’ attitude, ability, and willingness to work in a busy environment.
The care worker roles involve:
- Providing help with all aspects of personal care
- Providing support with all aspects of end of life care and dementia
- Accompanying people to social activities e.g. visiting family/friends, walks, cinema/theatre, meals out, reading etc.
- Monitoring progress and recording notes on daily record sheets relating to each visit
- Providing consistent, person-centred support that meets the individual needs of each service user.
Essential skills, experience and attitude:
- Minimum 12 months of experience working with adults who have learning/multiple disabilities living in the community
- Experience of working within a nursing home or hospital setting and/or busy environment of care provider
- Physically fit and able to undertake safe manual handling practices
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Observant and sensitive to a service user’s needs
- Ability to liaise with outside agencies and other professionals
- Ability to work autonomously and productively as part of a team
- Knowledge of food hygiene, manual handling and health & safety standards and practices
- Although grounded in the Christian tradition, L’Arche Communities welcome people of all faiths, their vision is a world where all belong.
For more information, you can call 01512600422 or email email@example.com.
Closing date: 30 September 2021.