Team: Community Accountancy.
Accountable to: Senior Community Accountant.
Staff Responsible for: None.
Main working contacts: Voluntary and community groups, other accountancy and finance team members, external advisors and funders.
Main Purpose of post: To deliver LCVS Community Accountancy Services, supporting and supported by other members of the team.
- To prepare the accounts of charities and other voluntary and community organisations in line with relevant law and recommended practice and support other members of the team as appropriate
- To maintain an up to date knowledge of charity accounting issues, best practice and sector awareness.
- To participate in training and development as required.
- To work closely with organisations in designing good accounting systems specific to these organisations.
- To maintain the quality of all procedures and processes in the service.
- To maintain confidentiality (subject to review and control procedures) of all information received from organisations.
- To work as part of a team and with other staff at LCVS.
- To implement and follow organisational policies and procedures.
- To undertake necessary training and participate in the organisation’s supervision and appraisal system, and identify further training and personal development needs.
- To represent LCVS and undertake other tasks in support of the organisation as required by your line manager.
- The post holder is expected to be flexible in the performance of duties and to undertake any other duties identified as appropriate to the post.
LCVS is committed to equal opportunities, anti-discrimination and anti-oppressive policy and practice. No one we have contact with may be discriminated against either directly or indirectly on the grounds of gender, race, nationality, religion, cultural group, marital status, sexual orientation, age, or impairment.
The policies apply to job applicants, employees, volunteers, and users of our services.
All jobs are subject to change from time to time and this job description will be reviewed regularly.
This job description is a guide to the work you will be required to undertake and represents a range of responsibilities commensurate with the grade for the post.
For more information and to apply, please contact Graham Wright at firstname.lastname@example.org.