Team: Community Accountancy
Job Title: Community Accountant
Salary Scale: £23,000 – £25,000
Accountable to: Senior Community Accountant
Main working contacts: Voluntary and community groups, other LCVS accountancy and finance team members, external advisors and funders
Main purpose of post
To deliver LCVS community accountancy services, primarily preparation of financial statements, independent examination fieldwork and practical support to clients in all aspects of their financial responsibilities.
1. To prepare the accounts of charities and other voluntary and community organisations in line with relevant law and recommended practice, including independent examination fieldwork.
2. To support organisations through the provision of book-keeping services, preparation of management accounts and other assignments including VAT, monitoring for funders, etc.
3. To present financial information and results to management and board meetings of charities and other voluntary and community organisations
4. To maintain an up to date knowledge of charity accounting issues, best practice and sector awareness.
5. To provide financial advice, information, guidance and support to organisations’ staff, committees and volunteers.
6. To participate in, deliver and arrange training and development as required
7. To work closely with organisations in designing good accounting systems specific to these organisations..
8. .To maintain confidentiality (subject to review and control procedures) of all information received from organisations
To work as part of a team and with other staff at LCVS.
To implement and follow organisational policies and procedures.
To undertake necessary training and participate in the organisation’s supervision and appraisal system, and identify further training and personal development needs.
To represent LCVS and undertake other tasks in support of the organisation as required by your line manager.
The post holder is expected to be flexible in the performance of duties and to undertake any other duties identified as appropriate to the post.
LCVS is committed to equal opportunities, anti-discrimination and anti-oppressive policy and practice. No one we have contact with may be discriminated against either directly or indirectly on the grounds of gender, race, nationality, religion, cultural group, marital status, sexual orientation, age, or impairment.
The policies apply to job applicants, employees, volunteers and users of our services.
All jobs are subject to change from time to time and this job description will be reviewed regularly.
This job description is a guide to the work you will be required to undertake and represents a range of responsibilities commensurate with the grade for the post.
To express interest or request further information, email email@example.com.
To apply, send a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org FAO Graham Wright.Back to blog