Department: Policy Partnership and Programmes Team
Salary Scale: £20,000 – £25,000
Accountable to: Policy Partnership and Programme Lead (Health & Wellbeing)
Based: The LCVS building, 151 Dale Street, Liverpool
Would you like to work for an organisation that supports and enables the vital work of the city’s voluntary, community and faith sector (VCFS)?
For over a century, Liverpool Charity and Voluntary Services (LCVS) has been working to improve the wellbeing of individuals and communities in Liverpool, by supporting and encouraging charitable giving and voluntary action and by bringing people, organisations and resources together.
We provide support, advice, training, networking and representation for individuals and charitable organisations across Liverpool and we help donors distribute over £4 million every year to charitable organisations, both here in the UK and across the world.
We work in partnership with other organisations, agencies and individuals on our Community Impact Programmes. Our focus is on health, education, income stability and culture as the cornerstones to the wellbeing, both for individuals and for stronger communities.
Now is a time of development and expansion for LCVS, so it’s an exciting moment to join our team. When Covid restrictions allow, you’ll be based in the LCVS owned and managed 151 Dale Street, a beautiful art deco building and voluntary sector hub, in Liverpool’s cultural quarter.
The main purpose of the role:
- To support the policy, partnership and programmes lead(s) in the provision of LCVS grant making, monitoring and evaluation processes
To provide administrative support the policy, partnership and programme lead(s) in their support and advocacy of the VCFS sector in Liverpool
- To be a key point of contact for grants queries, reviewing applications and assessing grant applications and ongoing relational grant management
- To prepare papers for grant reviews by the funding award panels, summarising grant applications for grant meeting consideration
- To enhance the LCVS offer to VCFS organisations, through the development and delivery of support and input into future grant strategies and programmes
- To timetable and monitor, using Benefactor, evaluation reports from grant recipients and to identify any trends or emerging issues
- To provide administrative support to specific charities and associations.
- To work with voluntary sector organisations in Liverpool to research and present evidence on current provision and levels of need
- Taking learning from working with the voluntary sector organisations, to input into the design, promotion and delivery of any grants programmes delivered by LCVS to meet the needs of voluntary sector organisations
- To undertake specific research and development projects as required
- To direct voluntary sector organisations to additional areas of support from within LCVS and other sources
- To support voluntary sector organisations to access relevant training and capacity building, and promote workforce development across the sector
How to apply
Follow this link to view and download the full job description / person specification (PDF file).
Send us your CV, along with a covering letter stating how you fit the job role and person specification.
This information should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Community Development Officer Vacancy’ in the subject field.
The closing date 10 June 2021.
Back to blog