Hours: Various up to 35 hours per week. Term time only working.
Salary: £8.21 per hour
Location: The main place of work is Greenbank College, Greenbank Lane, Liverpool L17 1AG. The post may require work in different locations from time to time.
The post holder is responsible for supporting students during education/vocational learning sessions and work placements and for providing on course assistance/support to tutors during sessions. You will also be responsible for some personal care needs including feeding, use of toilet, changing, hoist etc, where this enables access to learning.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
– Support students during learning sessions/activities and work together with tutors in the delivery of learning opportunities.
– Undertake break and lunchtime supervision as required.
– To develop a flexible working practice to achieve students identified and agreed learning objectives.
– To provide personal care if required to facilitate access to learning.
– Liaise with relevant staff across the organisation and relevant external agencies contributing to the student’s individual action plan and agreed learning/work goals.
– Take an active role in the student review process supporting the student, tutor and student’s representative in contributing to the learning process.
– Responsible for undertaking job task analysis whilst supporting students on work placement and work with students to ensure they can proficiently undertake each element of the job.
– Undertake administrative duties, maintain records, monitor and review work in compliance with Greenbank’s quality standards.
– Report any issues relating to student progress or additional support requirements to the Line Manager.
– Required to work as part of a team, sharing resource development and promoting good practice; attend team and staff meetings as required.
– Required to undergo training recommended by the line manager.
– To comply with all Greenbank’s policies and procedures and quality assurance measures.
– Required to carry out other duties as assigned by Greenbank’s senior management team.
This job description is an outline of the main duties of the post. The duties/responsibilities listed above describe the post at the time of writing and is not intended to be exhaustive. The job holder is expected to accept reasonable alterations and additional tasks of a similar level that may be necessary. This job description may be reviewed when necessary in line with the development of the organisation.
Click here to visit the Greenbank website, for further application details (you will be diverted away from the LCVS site) or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date: Thursday 2 January 2020, 9amBack to blog