This is a voluntary role.
Posts available: 1 – Trustee and Treasurer.
Location: Tuebrook, Liverpool L13 7EB.
Requirement of Trustees:
- Relevant qualifications or training in Finance/Accountancy
- To attend monthly Board meetings on a regular basis and sub-committee meetings as appropriate
- To sign up to a Code of Practice and Confidentiality Statement
- To provide a Criminal Record Check (DBS)
- To provide two references
Any appointment will depend on approval from Ofsted, their governing body.
Lister Steps is a value-led charity operated as a company limited by guarantee. It was established in 1997 by parents for parents to address the need for community services and affordable childcare. Lister Steps successfully secured funding from the National Lottery Heritage Fund for the full restoration of the beautiful Grade 11 listed Carnegie Library on Green Lane L13. The restoration was completed in 2020 and The Old Library has become the new home for Lister Steps. The relocation to The Old Library has enabled them to fulfil their charitable aims and to serve the people of Tuebrook. The Old Library provides childcare, room hire, a café, a venue for weddings, conferences, local groups – crafts, art, yoga, adult education courses and community gardens.
The Role of a Treasurer
The Treasurer, as a Trustee of Lister Steps, would also be a Director. The role would be to monitor the financial administration of the charity and to report to the Board of Trustees on its state of financial health, in line with best practice and in compliance with legal requirements to provide the Board with the confidence and knowledge to make good strategic decisions. Trustees are also Directors of the charity and are the governing body of the organisation. The Board takes an overview of the project and helps to steer the organisation towards its aims.
The main areas of involvement of the Treasurer include:
- Making sure the charity keeps proper accounts
- Review of the charity’s financial performance
- Drawing up and reviewing policies for finance
- Ensuring that the charity has robust and effective financial controls in place
- Reporting on financial matters to Trustees at Board meetings and members of the organisation at the SGM
- Liaising with the Finance Manager and the Independent Examiner/Auditor.
They are looking to recruit a Treasurer who:
- Wishes to take part in the further development of Lister Steps
- Has the time and commitment to actively work together with the members of the Board, including the Finance Manager to drive the charity forwards
- Has an ability to present financial information to the Board in a format that helps members to fully understand the financial position of the charity.
Expectation of Trustees at Lister Steps
Lister Steps is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. They value all their children and families. They promote mutual respect and are inclusive. Their services promote the fundamental values of democracy, the rule of law, individual liberty, mutual respect and tolerance of those of different faiths and beliefs. They expect trustees to adhere to these values.
For more information, please contact Julie May, Company Secretary on email@example.com.
They can send out a trustee recruitment pack and arrange an informal interview.
There is no formal closing date for this vacancy. Please note, this vacancy was published in October 2021 and may have expired since then.
Back to blog