This is a voluntary role.
Posts available: They are looking to expand their Board of Trustees by recruiting up to 5 new trustees.
Location: Tuebrook, Liverpool L13 7EB.
Requirement of Trustees:
- To attend monthly Board Meetings on a regular basis and sub-committee meetings as appropriate
- To sign up to a Code of Practice and Confidentiality Statement
- To provide a Criminal Record Check (DBS)
- To provide two references
Any appointment will be dependent on approval from Ofsted, their governing body.
Lister Steps is a value-led charity operated as a company limited by guarantee. It was established in 1997 by parents for parents to address the need for community services and affordable childcare. Lister Steps successfully secured funding from the National Lottery Heritage Fund for the full restoration of the beautiful Grade 11 listed Carnegie Library on Green Lane L13. The restoration was completed in 2020 and The Old Library has become the new home for Lister Steps. The relocation to The Old Library has enabled them to fulfil their charitable aims and to serve the people of Tuebrook. The Old Library provides childcare, room hire, a café, a venue for weddings, conferences, local groups – crafts, art, yoga, adult education courses and community gardens.
The Role of a Trustee at Lister Steps
Trustees are also Directors of the charity and are the governing body of the organisation. The Board takes an overview of the project and helps to steer the organisation towards its aims.
The role of the Board includes:
- Giving direction – making overall plans and monitoring progress. It sets the strategy and policies of Lister Steps
- Managing people – working in partnership with the CEO, getting the best out of people, paid staff and volunteers
- Making the organisation accountable – Trustees must comply with statutory accounting and demonstrate that the charity is complying with the law, is well run and delivers the charity outcomes for the benefit of the public for which it was set up for.
They are looking to recruit Trustees who:
- Wish to take part in the further development of Lister Steps
- Have the time and commitment to actively work together with the members of the Board to drive the charity forwards
- Can bring experience, specialist skills and or a relevant network
- Are parents/carers of children attending their services
- Have a personal connection with the area.
They are looking to recruit Trustees who have one or more of the following skills:
- Social enterprise / Business Management
- PR, Marketing or Event Management
- Human Resources and Law
- Finance Management.
Expectation of Trustees at Lister Steps
Lister Steps is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. They value all their children and families. They promote mutual respect and are inclusive. Their services promote the fundamental values of democracy, the rule of law, individual liberty, mutual respect and tolerance of those of different faiths and beliefs. They expect trustees to adhere to these values.
For more information, please contact Julie May, Company Secretary on email@example.com.
They can send out a trustee recruitment pack and arrange an informal interview.
There is no formal closing date for this vacancy. Please note, this vacancy was published in October 2021 and may have expired since then.
Back to blog