Salary: £21k (pro-rata based on a £35k full time salary)
Hours: 22.5 hours per week, over three days
Contract: 12-month fixed-term contract
Liverpool Bereavement Society provides one-to-one counselling and support to adults and children who are struggling to cope with life after bereavement. The charity is run by a Board of Trustees with counselling services being provided by a core team of committed volunteer counsellors, supported by a small team of office based staff and volunteers. The service has a strong ‘client first’ ethos and our goal is to ensure that each individual gets help appropriate to their needs in a sensitive, non-judgemental and empathetic environment.
The charity is at an important point in its development as recent changes to funding arrangements require consideration as to how the service is financed. The charity needs a highly motivated Business Development Manager who has experience of devising and implementing successful business development and income generation plans, to assist with achieving financial sustainability.
Reporting directly to the Board of Trustees you will be responsible for:
- Establishing a business development plan focused on achieving financial stability for the service
- Exploring and implementing new opportunities for income generation, alongside evaluating and building on existing approaches
- Establishing requirements for a new website, appointing a design agency and manage the process through to implementation
- Making suggestions for ways to increase our on-line presence and improve our existing methods of self-promotion
To be successful in this role, you will be confident and credible with exceptional communication and relationship building skills. You enjoy a challenge and are driven by a determination to deliver outstanding results to tight timescales. Tenacious and resilient, you will be happy to work on your own initiative and take full responsibility for outcomes. Ideally, you will have a genuine desire to work in the charity sector and an interest in the work undertaken by Liverpool Bereavement Society.
In order to apply you will need:
- Minimum of 5 years Business Development experience with at least 12 months having been gained in the charity sector
- Proven track record of successful income generation through a range of different methods and approaches
- Good IT skills with knowledge and experience of working with a range of online profiling and communication platforms
- Degree or equivalent in a business-related subject, although not essential if you have good relevant experience and the right personal qualities
- Experience of bid-writing would be an advantage but is not essential, and of compiling business reports and writing approach letters
To apply, send your CV and a covering letter highlighting your suitability for the role and reasons for applying to:
Liverpool Bereavement Service
6 Stanley Street
Or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Friday 16 March 2018Back to blog