Salary: £22,500 (full time equivalent c. £34,000)
Hours: 25 hours per week, operating flexibly across Monday- Friday, 8am-6pm
Contract: Funded until 31 March 2019
Liverpool Bereavement Service (LBS) are looking for a qualified and experienced counsellor to lead their Children and Young People’s Service (Oakleaf), in Liverpool City Centre.
This is an exciting opportunity to work within an established and well respected service that provides counselling to children and young people aged 4-19 years who have suffered a bereavement or other major loss.
- Provide overall direction for the service, setting priorities and co-ordinating activities to meet the targets and outcomes of LBS and Oakleaf funders
- Manage, support and guide a team of staff and volunteers, providing clinical supervision and organising relevant training as necessary
- Take overall responsibility for the quality, appropriateness and development of specialised counselling for children, young people and families
- Promote and develop the service liaising effectively with other agencies, and funders
- Maintain a direct case load, providing therapy to children and young people alongside other staff and volunteers
- Maintain relevant records and statistics to monitor and evaluate performance and provide information to the Board of LBS to guide future decision making
In order to apply for this role, you need:
- Diploma in Integrative Counselling/Psychotherapy
- Membership of the British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists (BACP)
- Extensive post-qualification experience, including working with bereavement/loss and with children/young people in a counselling environment
- Experience of managing a team of staff and volunteer counsellors
- Understanding of funding arrangements and the requirements for monitoring and reporting required targets and outcomes
- Competent IT skills
- Full driving license, regular access to a car, and a willingness to travel across the Merseyside area
- To be willing and able to work flexibly within the required hours
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission of Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check any previous criminal convictions.
For more information about the role and how to apply, email Karen Hammond at KarenHammond@liverpoolbereavement.co.uk or call 0151 236 3932.
Closing date: Friday 26 January 2018Back to blog