The Florrie hosted the first Liverpool City Region Community Arts & Music Awards on 20 April 2018, which was a success. The night brought together and celebrated people and organisations from across the city who are making a massive diference through arts and music projects.
Hosted by Florrie patron Ricky Tomlinson, Star of TV’s The Royle Family, the night included performances from local musicians Remée and The Baby Faced Beatles, showing off the depth of young talent Liverpool. Guests were treated to a three-course evening meal before the main ceremony began.
The winners of the different categories were:
- Young Ambassadors of The Year: Children of The Aftermath – Jimmy Cauty’s ADP
- Education and Training Award: Rotunda
- Health and Wellbeing Award: Spider Project CIC
- Making a Difference Through Music Award: Mellowtone
- Liverpool Acts Award: Jennifer John
- Community Event of The Year: Granby Four Streets Community Market
- Leadership Award: Liat Currie
- Partnership Award: Harthill Youth Centre
- Culture and Heritage Award: The Greenhouse Multi-Cultural Play and Arts Project
- Arts and Music Hall of Fame Award: Philip Hayes