Term: FT (12 months initially)
Salary: £28,000 – £30,000
Location: L4 0UF
Liverpool Lighthouse is the U.K.’s first dedicated urban gospel music and arts centre, which hosts a range of community activities for all ages in the local community, as well as local, national and international art events. We are part of a ‘family’ of independent charities, which include Love & Joy Ministries, Bright Park and Harmonize Academy.
We have a proven track record of delivery social impact programmes in urban arts development, engaging, transforming the lives of disadvantaged Children and Young people, also a successful provision for skills training for adults, inspiring and up-skilling disaffected groups including the unemployed and non-English speakers, and of bringing senior citizen out of isolation, improving their quality of life – and contributing to the regeneration of North Liverpool and Merseyside Region.
The following vacancy has arisen:
Theatre & Venue Manager
We are seeking a flexible, energetic, qualified, enthusiastic individual with extensive experience and skills in managing venue/theatre and auxiliaries services from business meetings and conferences to full-scale theatre productions (430 tiered seats, perfect for dance shows, theatre productions, music and awards ceremonies) with professional equipment and facilities to cater for any venue needs.
The successful candidate will drive all operations of the venue:
- Drive, manage and market Liverpool Lighthouse as a Venue and Urban Gospel Arts Centre
- Ensure regular income generation from the venue and other ancillary services
- Ensure compliance with regulations, procedures and policies associated with running a licensed venue (i.e Health & Safety, environmental etc);
- To oversee all operations of the venue. This includes the management of all staff, the oversight of all procedures and the troubleshooting of any problems.
Ensure that the venue operates year-round, keep the space in a good working condition not only during a performance but on off days as well.
Essential – extensive experience and skills in:
- Venue management (theatre, performance)
- Event delivery
- Duty management
- Staff supervision in an event management context
Flexible working hours
For more information and to receive an application pack, please send your CV and a covering letter to: Petronelle.Moanda@ljmaoc.orgBack to blog