Salary: £8.25 per hour evenings
Hours: Varying lengths of shifts between the hours of 3.30-10pm and weekends (varying lengths of shifts between the hours of 9am and 10pm). Shifts covered by all Meeting House Assistants and allocated according to availability
Contract: Flexible mutual agreement (zero hour)
Key tasks include:
- Refreshing and preparing rooms for customers and clearing rooms at end of session time including room set ups
- Cleaning café area, rooms and public areas as required
- Informing facilitators of fire and emergency procedures
- Greeting customers and directing them to their rooms
- Ensuring groups have all required for their meetings
- Reception duties including answering the phone and taking messages and taking bookings using procedures outlined in Meeting House Assistant Manual
- Following provided procedures to complete various tasks required
- Supporting contracted staff to manage health and safety and security of the building, staff and users
Applicants must have reasonable availability and able to undertake minimum of eight shifts per month, be able to manage physical aspects of the job and have a pleasant manner which upholds Quaker values of peace and equality. Two references are required at least one of which should be from a recent employer.
The role is subject to a probationary period and subject to a trial shift. Successful applicants will be paid for this shift once employed and on pay roll.
To obtain a job description, contact Gayle Allen by email or post or collect an application park from reception. Application is by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by letter to: Gayle Allen, Business Manager, Liverpool Quaker Meeting House, 22 School Lane, Liverpool, L1 3BT.
Closing date: Friday 30 June 2017Back to blog