Term: 12 months fixed term contract
Hours: 37.5 per week
Main purpose and scope of the role:
1. Research, design and deliver workshop programmes, sessions, lesson plans and materials in line with relevant Samaritans learning platforms.
2. Facilitate inclusive group and / or one-to-one learning and development activities, including the use of appropriate digital training platforms.
3. Set up and administer systems for the promotion and registration of workshops and keep accurate delegate attendance and evaluation records.
4. Support the Branch Deputy Director for Training in setting up courses for new volunteers and with Ongoing Training sessions.
5. Assist the work of the Branch Development Manager in promoting the workshops to agreed statutory and voluntary organisations, including the production of appropriate promotional materials.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
Learning and Skills Development:
– Identify learning and development needs of designated teams and contribute to the organisation’s plan.
– Facilitate inclusive group and / or one-to-one learning and development activities, including delivery via both face-to-face and digitally.
– Organise internal and external learning and development activities to ensure the competence and continuing development of designated teams.
– Assist the Deputy Director for Training in co-ordinating the assessment activities and competence of designated teams.
– Support the Development Manager in developing the organisation’s workshop programme and where necessary adapt materials to meet the requirements of several different audiences.
– Develop a number of different workshops, to be delivered either face to face or via appropriate digital platforms as required.
– Ensure the active promotion of the workshops, including using platforms such as Eventbrite to reach a wider audience. Administer any booking systems as required.
– Develop effective systems to capture feedback to demonstrate learning objectives have been met when evaluating outcomes.
– Ensure quality standards and consistency are met when setting up and delivering any workshops so that they are provided in line with the organisational objectives.
– Facilitate follow up work with agencies to ensure the continued promotion of the service and maintain active links.
Promotion and Publicity:
– Develop links with relevant statutory and non-statutory agencies relevant to the role.
– Use skills and competences to promote the organisation and foster good relationships with external organisations.
– Act as an ambassador for Samaritans of Liverpool and Merseyside and ensure that the charity is appropriately represented on all relevant forums.
– Liaise with the Development Manager to ensure appropriate use is made of the media to raise the profile of Samaritans Liverpool and Merseyside including, use of current social media platforms.
– Produce a number of different promotional materials to publicise the workshop programmes in line with Samaritans Central Office requirements.
– Attend meetings of the Branch Trustee Board as required.
– Help with the preparation of the annual report.
– Commitment to undertake training and self-development as deemed appropriate by the Branch Director and Trustee Board.
– Positively engage in supervision and appraisal meetings for the benefit of all Samaritans of Liverpool and Merseyside’s activities and events.
– At all times, promote the aims, principles, policies, interests and wellbeing of the charity and to protect its integrity and reputation.
– Undertake such other duties within the competency of the post holder, which may be reasonably required from time to time.
1. Demonstrate an understanding of and a commitment to Samaritans vision, mission, and values.
2. Significant relevant experience of motivating staff and/or volunteers in a voluntary or charitable organisation to improve learning, development and performance.
3. Proven relevant experience in use of IT systems and packages and electronic resources in the provision of learning and development.
4. Proven record of accomplishment in delivering training within a voluntary or charitable organisation, including evaluating outcomes and expectations.
5. Demonstrate best practice when facilitating training and demonstrate understanding of the BEAR feedback model and how it links to training outcomes.
6. Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing, conduct research and analyse & interpret information to produce and present reports clearly.
7. Ability to create a positive working environment in which equality and diversity are well managed, dignity at work is upheld and staff are empowered and motivated to do their best.
8. Excellent verbal communication skills, demonstrating the ability to work with others to generate new ideas to solve problems and bring about improvements to services and resources.
9. Experience of raising the profile of a service or organisation through appropriate forums including the use of social media.
10. Willingness to complete the ‘Training in Samaritans’ course and where required, any relevant training underpinning the mission and values of Samaritans.
11. Desire and commitment to learn and develop as an individual and to help others learn and develop.
12. A willingness to work flexibly, including evening and some weekends, and have a focussed and self-motivated approach to work.
– Experience of being managed by volunteers, such as Trustees, in a role of similar responsibility and authority.
To apply, access the job pack via this Google drive.
Closing date: 5pm on Friday 21 May 2021Back to blog