Local Solutions is a charity delivering services supporting disadvantaged groups across North Wales and the Liverpool City Region. Our mission is to Build Resilience, Raise Aspiration and Improve Lives. We do this through a wide range of services and projects including:
- Shopmobility – Independent shopping for people with mobility restrictions
- Homelessness accommodation and support services
- Domestic Abuse IDVA service and helpline
- Liverpool Carers Centre with a health and wellbeing service for carers
- BullyBusters – Anti-bullying helpline and schools work
- Adult Social Care services delivering domiciliary and community care services
We are currently seeking to recruit committed, talented and energetic people to serve on our Board of Trustees. Having reviewed the skills of our current Board, we are particularly interested in receiving applications from those with strong skills, professional experience or lived experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Social care
- Supporting vulnerable groups
- People living with a disability
- Working with offenders
The Board plays a key role in the development and governance of the charity.
Trustees will need to be able to commit to six bimonthly Board meetings per annum, held on weekday evenings in Liverpool, as well as an annual Board Away Day. Trustees will also be invited to attend events throughout the year, such as Local Solutions’ Long Service Awards, Project launches and Carer of the Year events.
The Chairman and Chief Executive intend to hold an open meeting for applicants in order to give some more information on the charity. If, following the meeting, applicants wish to formally apply, detailed CVs will be required, and individual interviews will be arranged.
The open meeting will be held on the Tuesday 27 November at 5 pm. Please contact Karen Paton on 0151 705 2309 or at KPaton@localsolutions.org.uk if you would like to attend.Back to blog