Advertised Job Category:Cancer Support Operations
Job type:Fixed Term
Closing Date:4 August 2019
Interview Date:15 August 2019
Services Project Manager
We are looking for a motivated and confident Project Manager to join our team and manage a portfolio of complex projects in partnership with a range of internal and external partners and stakeholders, to improve the lives of people affected by cancer in the North West.
You will be Macmillan’s lead representative on project boards, working across NHS boundaries and with local government to bring about transformational change.
This wide-ranging role offers plenty of variety and will involve you in delivering projects through the full project life cycle. You will use agreed project methodologies to define projects and translate actions into practical project management plans.
You will inspire teams and manage a number of projects at the same time, ensuring they are all delivered on time, to budget and quality, and realise the business benefits case. You will also proactively manage relationships with key stakeholders ensuring effective matrix working, escalating any risks and regularly reporting on project performance to the Programme Manager.
Duties to include:
- To work as part of a cross-organisational team, employing effective matrix working with colleagues from within the area and across the organisation
- To manage designated projects, ensuring appropriate governance is in place and milestones are delivered to time and budget
- Employ Macmillan’s robust project management methodology to ensure that delivery plans, risks, issues, interdependencies, and resources are managed effectively
- To influence partners to deliver and leading beyond authority (e.g. where no line management)
- To develop a professional network across the organisation and sector
- Using insight and data to develop, maintain and drive successful outcomes within the project plan
- Day to day management of complex change and redesign projects and associated budgets
- To carry out any other ad hoc duties as and when required
Click here to apply via the MacMillan website (you will be diverted away from the LCVS site).Back to blog