Posts available: 1.
Salary: £18,562 per annum, pro-rata.
Hours per week: 16 hours.
Days per week: Flexible.
Reporting to: Advocacy & Training Manager.
Location: Liverpool based (outreach).
Mary Seacole House is a Mental Health Charity & Resource Service that provides mental health and well-being support to meet the diverse cultural needs of the primarily Black, Asian, Minority Ethnic and Refugee communities of Liverpool. The service focuses on delivering activities that maximise recovery for people who experience mental health problems, helping them to live, work, study, and access leisure alongside other members of the community.
The post will work with their Advocacy Service to support clients with:
- Accessing appropriate services
- Understanding bureaucratic processes including benefits systems and routes into housing or health services.
- Understanding of rights and entitlements.
They are looking to recruit someone with the following skills and experience:
- Excellent interpersonal skills and confidence in speaking to a diverse audience
- Experience in a Health & Social Care Setting
- Experience of working with individuals with mental health conditions
- Experience of working with BAMER (Black, Asian, Minority Ethnic, Refugee) communities
- Experience of providing information, advice, advocacy or legal assistance to clients.
For the full job pack and to apply, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information call 0151 707 0319.
Deadline: Friday 4 February 2022 at 5 pm.
Interviews: Week commencing 7 February 2022.Back to blog