Term: 12 months
Hours: 7h a week
Salary: £13 per hour
Location: Merseyside Polonia office with an option of some remote working
Merseyside Polonia has always been very successful in attracting many amazing volunteers. We’ve wanted to make sure their time and skills were appreciated, and voluntary work recognised. Volunteering at Merseyside Polonia is a fantastic opportunity to be part of the organisation’s mission of developing positive relations between the Polish Community and local residents; an offer to join a great team delivering many successful projects and at the same time, grow as an individual through a personal and professional development.
Right now, Merseyside Polonia is looking for a person who will grow, support and lead this amazing team of people as volunteer coordinator.
Overview of the role
We are searching for a creative, talented, and professional volunteer coordinator to be responsible for our team of volunteers and volunteer opportunities. In this role you need to be outgoing and friendly to ensure that volunteers feel at ease and welcome at Merseyside Polonia.
The volunteer coordinator’s responsibilities include recruiting and training new volunteers, keeping a database of volunteer information and skills, matching volunteers to opportunities that suit their skills, keeping volunteers supported and informed, and conveying the organisation’s purpose to the wider public and partner organisations.
A successful volunteer coordinator should be a natural people person and be passionate about volunteer work. It is essential for you to show initiative and flexibility as volunteers will be looking to you for guidance and support. You should uphold the values of our organisation while ensuring the comfort of our volunteers in their roles.
We are looking for a person that believes in others and knows how to distinguish talent and do everything possible to motivate and inspire. You must possess excellent organisational skills and ability to communicate with people from diverse backgrounds and experience. You must feel comfortable speaking to big groups of people as you will be expected to run training events and meetings for all volunteers.
• Promote volunteering opportunities on our website and social media
o Writing articles and social media posts
o Creating images and video content
• Source and recruit volunteers through various channels (social media, recruitment events, etc.)
• Collect information on availabilities and skills
• Organising training events and running workshops/meetings with groups of volunteers
• Arrange for appropriate training when needed
• Produce schedules for activities
• Assign responsibilities to the right people for special events
• Coordinate teams of volunteers for large-scale events
• Communicate frequently with volunteers to ensure they are satisfied and well-placed
• Share information for upcoming roles, events and opportunities
• Keep detailed records of volunteers’ information and assignments
• Ensure the purpose of the organisation and its actions is clearly communicated
• Attend meetings as required and be an advocate for Merseyside Polonia
• Plan and organise own workload and co-ordinate with other team members
• Work outside normal office hours if required and agreed with your manager
• Attend training identified as necessary to undertake current and future job requirements
• Undertake such other duties and responsibilities as are commensurate with the post
• Support other aspects of the delivery of the project as required
This Job Description summarises the major responsibilities of the post. It is not intended to exclude other activities, nor future changes from the post holder’s responsibilities.
For more information and to apply, visit the Merseyside Polonia website.
Closing date: Friday, 9 July at 4pmBack to blog