Salary: £23,500 (pro rata)
Contract hours: 4 days per week – including some weekend and evening working
Contract: Fixed term, May – November 2017
Metal was founded in London in 2002 by Jude Kelly OBE. It has been active in Liverpool since 2004, in Southend-on-Sea since 2007 and in Peterborough since 2012. From these bases, Metal works to provide the catalyst that can transform the potential of people and places, exploring the impact of art and artists’ practices on civic and civil society. Metal produces an exciting multidisciplinary programme of international and UK artists in residence and runs a wide range of events, exhibitions and participatory projects.
This role will be focused on providing community engagement and facilitation support for Metal’s Senior Project Manager, handling a varied programme of community related activities and events over 2017. The Project Manager: Community & Engagement will be involved in planning, logistics and delivery through liaison with local organisations, residents, partners, artists and audiences supporting the aims of the organisation and representing Metal’s wider strategy. Targets for Project Assistant:
- Plan, facilitate and deliver community engagement projects in Liverpool, notably within: Edge Hill, Kensington, Wavertree, Picton and Toxteth
- Develop project specific plans, reports, and programme evaluations for all community related activities
- Secure the involvement of local community groups, schools and partners in projects
- Management of the organisation’s volunteer programme
- Support with project specific promotion and input into development of creative materials, marketing strategies and project documentation
- Research, develop and build upon local partnerships to support Metal’s wider strategy
- Input into development of project specific community engagement strategies
- Encourage wider participation in Metal’s projects
- Ensure Metal’s volunteer, safeguarding young people and vulnerable adults policies are up to date and in line with current policy
Apply with your CV (max 2 pages), and a covering letter (max 1 page) outlining systematically:
- Why you want to work for Metal, and why the role is of interest to you
- Detail how your previous work experience, skills and personal attributes are relevant to the role and meet the criteria set out in the job description
- Earliest available start date and notice period
Email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline: Tuesday 4 April 2017, 10am
Interviews to be held: Week of 17 or 24 April 2017
Ideal start date: Monday 8 May 2017
If you wish to have an informal conversation about the role before you submit your application, email email@example.com.