The National Careers Service provides free, expert, impartial information, advice and guidance on careers, skills and the labour market in England. They can help you figure what you need to do to get to where you want to be and work with you to put a plan in place to get you there. Their service is available to anyone aged 13 or over, no matter what stage of the careers journey you’re in.
They can help you with:
- Discovering your skills – Their skills assessments will help you to identify your skills, interests and motivations and match those with potential career options
- Finding courses – Learn how to search for learning and training courses available near you and online, for all ages and levels. You can also find out about funding options to help support you while you learn
- Developing job searching, CV writing and interview skills – Understand the different kinds of interviews that employers use and how to prepare for them, as well as what they look for on a CV. They will offer advice and guidance on making a good first impression and creating an action plan of points you need to address before your next interview
- Confidence building and digital skills – Understand your skills and how to demonstrate them. Learn how to find ‘hidden’ jobs through networking, social media, job fairs, speculative applications and more
- Understanding the local job market – Understand the local demand for different skills and industries and find out how this applies to your skillset.
To book an appointment please call 0151 600 7841.
For further information please call 0800 100 900 Monday to Friday from 8 am – 8 pm and on Saturday from 10 am to 5 pm.
You can also email or webchat with an adviser on the National Careers Service website.Back to blog