Liverpool parents are invited to attend an NSPCC training session, to learn about child criminal and sexual exploitation. This session will help parents to remain vigilant to the signs and to know what to do should they spot them. If you are a parent and would like to know more about this area, there are eight opportunities to attend a session in the coming months.
The training session will be delivered for the first time this Thursday 5th December at Clubmoor Children Centre. It will then be repeated at Granby Children Centre on the 12th December.
It will be repeated six further times, at children’s centres across the city, between now and April 2020.
The session will cover:
- Child sexual exploitation – Covering online exploitation, grooming, sexting and consent
- Child criminal exploitation – Covering indicators and county lines
- Social media – Covering different apps children may use
- What parents can do if they are worried – signposting
To register for one of the December sessions, contact the relevant children’s centre, using the details below:
- Thursday 5th December 9-30am-11.30am, Clubmoor Childrens Centre— 01512338500
- Thursday 12th December 10am-12pm, Granby Children Centre— 01512333200
Check back next year, or get in touch with Liverpool City Council, for details of 2020 sessions.Back to blog