Places available: 1.
Salary: £12,000 – £16,500 dependent on age and experience.
Hours per week: 35 hours. Monday to Friday.
Term: Full Time.
Reporting to: Quality & Compliance Officer (TBC).
Location: Currently hybrid working between office at Speke, Liverpool and home.
Open Awards is an awarding organisation approved by Ofqual and an Access Validating Agency approved by the Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education (QAA). They provide Ofqual regulated qualifications and units across a range of sectors, QAA Access to higher education diplomas and also offer bespoke quality endorsed units and flexible learning solutions. They also support the delivery of traineeships, apprenticeships and supported internships and are an end-point assessment organisation approved by Education and Skills Funding Agency (ESFA). Their qualifications and units are used across a range of education settings including further education, schools, sixth-form colleges, prisons, private training providers and third sector organisations.
This role will provide proficient and competent business administration support to ensure the smooth end-to-end running of Open Awards’ controlled assessments conducted remotely. You will work with Open Awards staff to ensure administrative systems and procedures are up to date, accurate and meet the needs of their customers and regulators.
Main responsibilities include:
- Allocate and schedule controlled assessments conducted remotely, liaising directly their team of invigilators, providers and learners
- Respond to queries from invigilators, providers and learners – actively solving problems that occur on a day-to-day basis
- Monitor relevant email inboxes and respond to general enquiries
- Signpost colleagues and escalate issues and problems
- Support the organisation in its file management relating to Remote invigilation, ensuring records and system are updated correctly and run efficiently
- Format & update forms and documentation
- Generate reports from the Open Awards database and other systems
- Support the organisation of events and workshops
- Support colleagues across Open Awards to ensure that all guidance for providers is up to date and provides clear and accurate information.
- A Level 2 qualification is required and you must have or be working towards Level 2 English and maths
- Experience in using various IT packages including Excel together with the ability to demonstrate effective communication skills
- You must be well organised, motivated with the ability to meet deadlines and be flexible in your working practices.
Please email email@example.com to submit your CV and request the full job description.
There is no formal closing date for this vacancy. Please note, this vacancy was published in September 2021 and may have expired since then.Back to blog