Places available: 1.
Salary: £12,000 – £16,500 dependent on age and experience.
Hours per week: 35 hours. Monday to Friday.
Term: Full Time.
Reporting to: Quality & Compliance Officer.
Location: Currently hybrid working between office at Speke, Liverpool and home.
Open Awards is an awarding organisation approved by Ofqual and an Access Validating Agency approved by the Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education (QAA). They provide Ofqual regulated qualifications and units across a range of sectors, QAA Access to higher education diplomas and also offer bespoke quality endorsed units and flexible learning solutions. They also support the delivery of traineeships, apprenticeships and supported internships and are an end-point assessment organisation approved by Education and Skills Funding Agency (ESFA). Their qualifications and units are used across a range of education settings including further education, schools, sixth-form colleges, prisons, private training providers and third sector organisations.
This role will provide efficient and effective business administration support to ensure the smooth running of Open Awards quality assurance activities. You will work with the Quality and Compliance Officer to ensure quality assurance processes are up to date and accurate and meet the needs of their customers and regulators.
Main responsibilities include:
- Deal with general queries escalating more complex queries to colleagues as appropriate
- Review, develop and implement quality assurance processes to ensure they are clear, accurate and effective, whilst also meeting the needs of their customers and regulators
- Regularly check that the Open Awards database and portal contain accurate information relating to quality and compliance and ensure that accuracy and currency is maintained
- Generate reports from the Open Awards database and extract to Excel to identify key trends and disseminate to colleagues
- Support the quality assurance team in the collection, collation, recording, distribution and electronic storage of quality assurance reports
- Organise team meetings, including the production and sharing of documentation and reports, taking minutes and creating action logs.
- A Level 2 qualification is required and you must have or be working towards Level 2 English and maths
- Experience in using various IT packages including Excel together with the ability to demonstrate effective communication skills
- You must be well organised, motivated with the ability to meet deadlines and be flexible in your working practices.
To read the full job description and to apply, please visit the Open Awards website.
For more information, please email Clare.firstname.lastname@example.org.
There is no formal closing date for this vacancy. Please note, this vacancy was published in September 2021 and may have expired since then.Back to blog