This summer it’s time to get involved in some football fun in your local park, and to bring your mum, aunt or nan along with you!
Running for four weeks, across 14 parks, with potential to reach up to 80 participants a day, the LFC Founation’s Open Goals team is working in partnership with Liverpool City Council and national campaign This Girl Can to get women playing Liverpool’s favourite sport in our favourite parks.
The focus is on fun in the sun, the rain and the wind!
Book a session and head to your local park to get:
- Free 40 minuet session covering fun games and family inclusive activities
- Free breakfast or lunch depending on what time slot you sign up to
- Free map of all the Liverpool city parks
- Free map of the Get Going walk, run or cycle routes
- Free wildlife trail for you to investigate nature
- Access to the table tennis tables in participating parks
- Access to the playgrounds across all the parks
- Weekly challenges for you and the whole family to get involved with
The programme is being run with limited spaces to ensure compliance with the social distancing measures in place due to Covid-19, so be sure to register as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
When you register you will be asked to answer Covid-19 questions and when at a session you will be required to use the sanitation station at the start and the end of the session. The coaching staff will be wearing masks to help keep everyone safe.
Sessions will take place in:
Wavertree Park – The Mystery
Norris Green Park
Jubilee Sports Bank
Rice Lane Recreation Ground
Sign up now via the LFC Foundation website.Back to blog