Salary: £10.50 per hour
Reporting to: Registered Manager, Assistant Manager
Positive Futures Homes (PF Homes) is a new trading company set up by the youth development charity Positive Futures (PF) Liverpool. They want to invest in the long-term outcomes of the young people in their care. As such, they will reinvest any surplus profit back into their homes, and Positive Futures. By doing this, they can ensure that they make a real difference to the lives of the young people they care for while making their homes a great place to work at.
What makes them different?
- They invest heavily in ensuring that their homes are in the nicest locations and beautifully decorated, allowing children to express their characters, feel safe and enrich their lives
- They mainly have 2-bed homes, with an absolute max of 3
- They will offer a mental health provision as standard for every young person in their care
- They will give them preferential access to all the services offered by Positive Futures, be that Targeted Support, Counselling skills, CBT skills, recreational or social provision.
For this role, they are looking for passionate, child-centred individuals who share their ethos in wanting to provide the best quality of care to the young people who reside in their homes. As a PF Homes employee, you will be responsible for providing the highest standard of care for their children and help promote a safe and nurturing environment for their development. The children that they care for demonstrate a wide range of challenging behaviours and can be very demanding of your time, attention, and emotions. You will need a high level of self-resilience and will need to understand that the challenging behaviours the children may display are often the result of abuse and or neglect and other negative early childhood experiences. As part of your hours, you will be required to work weekends, unsocial hours, bank holidays, as well as do sleep-in duties.
- At least 12 month’s experience of working with young people within a youth, education, or residential setting
- Willing to work towards a Level 3 qualification in Residential Child Care (England).
For the full job description and to apply, please visit the Positive Futures website.
For more information, please email email@example.com.
There is no formal closing date for this vacancy. Please note, this vacancy was published in December 2021 and may have expired since then.Back to blog