Together Liverpool is proud to announce the launching of two networking events in February and March 2020. Celebrating and building upon the Places of Welcome initiative, one event will be held in the North of Liverpool and one in the South – giving people from across the city and beyond an exciting opportunity to network and further develop cohesion in our region’s communities.
What is Places of Welcome?
Places of Welcome is a simple and effective model that uses the power of relationships to tackle loneliness and isolation and make a real difference in peoples’ lives. In addition, Places of Welcome network and signpost to other organisations and services – opening up access for people to make the most of their local communities.
Effective in its simplicity, this initiative has now spread to over 350 centres across the UK and in the wider Merseyside area there are now 40 Places of Welcome – with the interest and numbers growing steadily.
At the networking events, attendees will get a chance to:
- Hear from current Places of Welcome
- Network with organisations, agencies and services that complement community work
- Learn how to overcome common problems (volunteering, funding, support, partnerships)
- Receive training on ‘what it takes’ to be a Place of Welcome
- Sign up to be a Place of Welcome (if you haven’t already!)
Who Should Attend?
If you are already a Place of Welcome – or are interested in knowing more about this growing network of change-makers then this event is definitely for you.
This event is also relevant for Neighbourhood Officers, Community Workers, CVS Officers, CAB Officers, Small Group Leaders, Volunteers and more!
Find Out More
Follow these links to visit Eventbrite and register for:
- Places of Welcome Networking in Bootle, 12 Feb 2020
- Places of Welcome Networking in Woolton, 11 March 2020
If you would like to find out more information or ask any questions about the Places of Welcome in general, contact Adeyinka Olushonde (Places of Welcome Project Worker) email@example.comBack to blog