Hours: Full time (36 hours a week)
Salary: £17,784.00 – £19,656 depending on experience
Location: Liverpool – L9
PFHomes is a new trading company setup by the youth development charity Positive Futures Liverpool. We have created PFHomes as we want to invest in the long-term outcomes of the young people in our care. The profits will be reinvested back into the home, and Positive Futures, benefiting young people.
Positive Futures commits to providing:
- The best paid team
- The best trained team
- The best possible homes
- The nicest locations
- Mainly 3 bed homes, with an absolute max of 4
In addition they will offer a mental health provision, as standard, for every young person in their care. They will give them preferential access to all the services offered by Positive Futures, be that targeted support, counselling skills, CBT skills, recreational or social provision.
Positive Futures will provide extensive training & development for the team, to ensure not only that the young people receive the best service possible, but that team members grow with the organisation over the years.
As well as the NVQ3, staff will have access to a range of programmes including counselling skills, CBT training, trauma informed working practices and ACE.
The First Home
The first home is a large bungalow in a quiet side cul-de-sac in Liverpool, close to Orrell Park train station. It is a home for up to 4 young people in medium to long term care. It is being fully refurbished to a very high standard and will be ready to move into around July 2020.
What will I do as a residential care worker?
- Use the training you have received from PFHomes to help the young people understand and manage their behaviour, in order to reach their full potential
- Support young people with their daily life routines, including supporting them during the school day and other fun social activities including those on offer at Positive Futures
- Nurture positive behaviours and care for the well-being of the young person
- Prepare the young people for adulthood through the teaching of life lessons, personal responsibility and practical skills
- Be required to work flexibly and to undertake shift work including early shifts, late shifts, waking nights and weekends
What you will need to have:
- Full clean driving license
- NVQ Level 3 in Children and Young People (preferred)
- Experience of working with young people
- Living Wage based salary
- Extensive training
- Health Care Cash Plan – giving access to optical, dental, physical therapies as well as many others
- PFHomes will pay for your DBS
Due to Ofsted Regulations Positive Futures can only accept applicants over the age of 20.
Closing date for applications is Friday 13th March 12 noon.
All applicants will need to complete an application form. CV will not be considered. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request an application form.
All successful applicants will be invited to an Assessment / Interview Day on Friday 20th March.
All data will be treated in line with GDPR.
The recruitment process aims to create and maintain a safe workforce and contains robust vetting procedures. The successful applicants will be appointed subject to references and enhanced DBS check.
Contact details: email@example.comBack to blog