Posts available: 2.
Contract: Permanent (unlimited).
Term: 1 x Full-time, 1 x Part-time.
Salary: £22,799. Per annum Pro-rata. This salary is equivalent to PSS Fixed point 29.
Hours per week: 37 hours (Full-time) and 34 hours (part-time).
Days per week: 5 days.
Location: Liverpool, Across the 3 Wellbeing Centres:
- 111 Mount Pleasant, Liverpool L3 5TF
- Dutch Barn Highbank Drive Garston L19 5PF
- Lee Valley Millennium Centre Childwall Valley Road L25 2PR.
At PSS, they’ve got an important job to do; and that’s to help people make the most of their lives, no matter what life throws at them. Whether you’re working directly with the people who use their services, or behind the scenes in one of their offices, every day you’ll be helping to make other people feel happier, healthier and more supported.
They’re a social enterprise or, as they like to call it – a ‘business with a heart’. This means that all the money they make goes back into finding new ways to help people. Their aim is simple; they want to help people change their lives for the better – no matter what life throws at them. They’ve got offices across Merseyside, North Wales, Lincolnshire, Manchester, Norfolk and Suffolk and the Midlands, where they’re making their stamp. Their Wellbeing Centres service is based across Liverpool at 3 hubs in Belle Vale, Garston and the City Centre and online.
What are they looking for?
Amongst other things they are looking for someone who:
- Has brilliant group work facilitation skills, and a knack for breaking down complicated theoretical concepts into simple, everyday language that everyone can understand.
- Has a genuine, kind and down-to-earth approach which puts people at ease so they feel they can explore, learn and change.
- Has some extra skills in areas that could make their current team even better, like the creative arts, mindfulness, or digital technology and online support.
- Lives and breathes peer support and co-production.
- You will be an authentic mentor to volunteer peer supporters (they’re people who have used their services and want to offer help and support to other people who have been through the same things) and have an openness to work as equal partners with experts by experience in all aspects of service planning and delivery.
- Is a determined advocate who wants to help people live their lives in the way they want to. You’ll need to give practical (anti-poverty) support on matters such as welfare benefits, debt, housing, and employment, so you’ll need to be passionate about supporting people to navigate these systems by providing supporting letters, phone calls, emotional support or referring to other agencies.
- Has a big heart, open mind, determination, a genuine nature and professionalism.
Does this sound like you? Then please apply!
To read the full job description and to apply, please visit the PSS website.
Contact Details: email@example.com / 0151 702 5555.
Deadline: Monday 6 June 2022.
Interviews will be held on Friday 10 June 2022.Back to blog