This is a voluntary role.
Posts available: 1-4.
Contract: Minimum 6 months commitment.
Hours: Approx 6 hours a month.
Reporting to: Re-engage Volunteer team.
Location: Waterloo Church, 16 Crosby Road North, Waterloo, L22 0LQ.
Re-engage exists to provide social connections for older people at a time in their lives when their social circles are diminishing.
Their Wednesday lunch club in Crosby provides a chance for older people to come together over lunch for regular companionship. The group provides a vital link with the outside world from which older people have become isolated. Their lunch club group coordinators play a vital role, heading up a team of Re-engage lunch club volunteers, including drivers.
Coordinating the lunch clubs every week, on a Wednesday, may seem like a big role, so if you’d like to coordinate one week every month then that’s fine. They just need to be sure that somebody is there to coordinate each week.
This is an administrative role that requires planning and scheduling, you must be comfortable organising weekly events, socialising, communicating with people and resolving issues that might arise.
- Welcoming new volunteers.
- Planning and scheduling weekly lunch clubs, on a Wednesday.
- Reporting lunch club activity to Re-engage via their feedback form.
- Responding to any issues and queries from the volunteers and older guests in your club.
- Following all guidance in your coordinator training to ensure that the lunch clubs are enjoyable, appropriate, and in line with their charitable aims.
- Reporting any safeguarding issues that may arise or have been brought to your attention to the Re-engage safeguarding point of contact.
- Organising the weekly event, ensuring that lunch club volunteers have all the information they need.
- Being part of the team of coordinators that together makes sure the lunch clubs go ahead.
For more information and to apply, please visit the Re-engage website.
If you want to get in touch with Re-engage, please click here.