Term: Contract until 31 March 2020 (which has the high likelihood of extension to March 2021).
Salary: £15,640 per annum
Royal Voluntary Service is an innovative charity that focuses on inspiring people to give the gift of voluntary time to support the NHS and older people at home and in the community. We are now looking for a service coordinator to join us on a contract until 31 March 2020 (which has the high likelihood of extension to March 2021).
If you have some knowledge of the NHS, this is the ideal role in which to do more and support some incredible services that are making a huge difference to older people in your community.
As a service coordinator, you will coordinate volunteers and patients leaving hospital in our “Home from Hospital” service to help people have a successful and timely discharge home from hospital.
The support offered by our volunteers can begin on the ward and continues at home and in the community for up to 12 weeks. The aim is to reduce recovery time and feelings of isolation and loneliness and reduce the chances of re-admission, helping people to regain independence and reconnect with their community with a focus on hydration, nutrition and mobility.
Facilitating the delivery of the service throughout Liverpool, you will:
- Assist with the recruitment, induction, training and day-to-day management of volunteers
- Meet with service users to assess and review their needs
- Work with the Service Manager to action all referrals and any volunteer enquiries
- Develop and maintain relationships with key local contacts
Interested? To be considered, you will need:
- Great communication skills
- The ability to act on your own initiative
- The willingness to help with volunteer recruitment
- The ability to support and motivate volunteers from a wide variety of backgrounds
- An empathetic approach to others
GCSEs (or equivalent) at grade C or above in Maths and English would be beneficial to your application.
The closing date for this role is 31 October 2019, with interviews scheduled to be held in the first week of November in Liverpool.
Contact details: click here to apply via Royal Voluntary Service website.Back to blog