Term: Fixed-term contract until 31 March 2020 with a high likelihood of extension until March 2021.
Hours: 35 hours per week
Salary:£20,694.00 per annum
Royal Voluntary Service is an innovative charity that focuses on inspiring people to give the gift of voluntary time to support the NHS and older people at home and in the community. We are now looking for a service manager to join us for a fixed-term contract until 31 March 2020 with a high likelihood of extension until March 2021.
If you are a collaborative individual with experience of managing and motivating teams of staff and volunteers, this is the perfect opportunity to enhance your skills with a well-established organisation.
In this exciting role, you will have the chance to lead a passionate team including volunteers and deliver a really valuable service.
As the Service Manager, you will be responsible for overseeing the Home from Hospital Service, operated by our team of volunteers which may begin on the ward and continues into the community for a period of up to 12 weeks.
The support the volunteers provide focuses on nutrition, hydration, staying well and connected to friends and family and the community.
The aim is to reduce recovery times and feelings of isolation and loneliness and reduce the chance of re-admission to hospital. Volunteers support people to regain independence and reconnect with their community.
Specifically, you will:
- Recruit, motivate and manage a team of volunteers
- Promote the service locally
- Ensure that KPIs are met
- Build strong relationships with Liverpool City Home First teams and the local hospitals
- Manage the service budget
To be considered, you will need:
- Experience of managing and motivating teams of staff and volunteers
- To be commercially aware with relevant experience of managing a similar service type
- Knowledge of the needs of the community and the groups, providers and bodies within it, including health and social care providers
- An understanding of how to use basic data to monitor trends and provide forecasts
As the service manager, you will have excellent communication skills and be able to work on your initiative. A team leader, you will be able to motivate staff and volunteers and establish positive and effective partnerships with both internal and external stakeholders.
GCSEs (or equivalent) in maths and English at grade C or above would be beneficial, as would proficiency in standard IT systems.
The closing date for this role is 31 October 2019, with interviews scheduled to be held in the first week of November in Liverpool.
Contact details: click here to apply via Royal Voluntary Service websiteBack to blog