Salary:£20,512.00 per annum
Closing date:5 PM, Monday 23 September 2019
Royal Voluntary Service is an innovative charity that focuses on inspiring people to give the gift of voluntary service to support the NHS and older people at home and in the community. We are now looking for a service manager to join us in Liverpool on a contract until 31 March 2020.
If you are a proven service manager with commercial awareness and a great personnel management style, this is the perfect opportunity to enhance your experience in the charity sector with a well-established organisation.
In this exciting role, you will have the chance to lead a passionate group of volunteers and deliver services that will make a positive impact on your local community.
As the Service Manager, you’ll oversee the delivery of our Liverpool Home First Service which supports people to have a successful discharge after a hospital stay.
You’ll be supporting the older people in Liverpool to reduce readmissions to hospital and enhance recovery time. This personalised programme utilises staff and volunteers to build confidence, reduce the chance to falls and help to prevent feelings of loneliness and isolation.
Leading this service, you will:
- Recruit, train and support volunteers
- Ensure the service meets all KPIs and compliance measures
- Develop and grow the service, taking responsibility for the budget and staff performance
To be considered, you will need:
- Commercial awareness with relevant experience of managing a similar service type
- Experience of managing and motivating teams of staff and volunteers
- Knowledge and understanding of the needs of the community, local steering groups, any associated groups, the committee/landlord representative, community centre entertainment providers and health and social care bodies
- An understanding of how to use basic data to monitor trends and provide forecasts
As the service manager, you will have excellent communicative skills. A team leader, you will be able to motivate staff and volunteers and establish positive and effective partnerships with both internal and external stakeholders.
This is a full time role, working 35 hours per week, Monday – Friday.
The closing date for applications is 23 September 2019, with interviews scheduled to be held on 30 September 2019 in Liverpool.
To apply for the role click here to visit the Royal Voluntary Service website.Back to blog