Sahir House has been recognised as one of the best small health charities in the country and we have recently expanded our charitable objects to reflect our experience in engaging with and supporting not just people living with HIV, but also LGBT+ people and those seeking asylum. We are now looking for new trustees to help us with our work at this exciting time.
Skills and experience required
We are seeking people who are committed to the values of our charity; who are able to communicate with diplomacy and who can exercise fairness and good judgement. We are seeking a mix of skills and experience to complement the current board members. You do not have to have been a trustee before and we don’t expect you to have all of the skills below. We are particularly looking for any of the following skills / experience:
• Financial management and business planning – we welcome people with experience gained in the private sector who can give a different perspective on this aspect of the charity’s work.
• Digital media, communications and engagement – in a post-COVID world, more of our work will be delivered through digital means.
• Grant funding and service level agreements / contracts – Sahir House is funded through a mix of contracts, grant funding and income generated from fundraising and training activities. With new contracts due to be tendered within the next year, we are looking to strengthen the board in this area.
• Knowledge of health and social care systems – the following would help the board to develop: an understanding of how health and social care is funded, commissioned and delivered; experience of influencing decision makers and addressing health inequalities.
Sound interesting? For the trustee role description and additional information visit the Sahir House website.
To arrange an informal discussion with the chair, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your telephone number.
• Closing date for applications: Monday 29 March 2021
• Please send your CV and a covering letter – no more than one side of A4, telling us why you are interested in joining Sahir House and what you would bring to the organisation – to email@example.com by Monday 29 March 2021.
• Please also complete the equal opportunities monitoring information
Sahir House welcomes diversity and encourages applications from all sections of the community. We especially invite applications from groups which reflect the diverse nature of the Sahir House service user population – HIV positive, disabled, BAME, LGBT+ and refugee/asylum seeking communities.Back to blog