Term: 12 months (subject to funding)
Salary: £28,000/£29,500 per-annum
Location: Liverpool based & working across required areas
Savera UK is a leading national charity (no.1145564) tackling culturally-specific abuse in the UK, including forced marriage and female genital mutilation. We advocate for those who need a voice and offer a completely confidential and non-judgemental service.
An occupational requirement under Schedule 9 (part 1) of the Equality Act 2010, the post holder must be female under the Sex Discrimination Act, 1975 Part 7 to meet the needs of the majority of our service users.
The post holder will be directly accountable to the CEO, supporting Savera UK clients and groups as well as providing expert guidance to professionals working with those at risk or under threat of ‘honour’-based abuse or/and harmful practices. The post holder will manage the small team and day-to-day work of the Support Service, including taking referrals, evaluation, offering advocacy and providing leadership to the team.
• To manage and deal with all day-to-day issues of any clients, and referrals into the 1-1 Support Service and manage the caseload
• To work with the Senior Support Worker to ensure the service is always covered
• Provide 1-1 support and advocacy to clients, as and when required
• Liaise with professionals on any client issues and safeguarding
• Work closely with the Senior Support Worker and the team to ensure a high level of communication to support service provision and service delivery
• To maintain comprehensive, accurate and timely recording of case records
• To respond to all referrals/helpline and requests within the time set
• Attend any clients safeguarding meetings or other relevant meetings to advocate on behalf of Savera UK clients and support the team, e.g. Multi-Agency Risk Assessment Conference (MARAC)
• Manage and support the team on any complex client issues
• To ensure the service is accessible to all those requiring our support, advice and information (clients, professionals)
• To manage all aspects of the 1-1 Support Service
• To provide and manage inductions, supervisions and appraisals of staff, volunteers and those on student placement, who are working within the 1-1 Support service
• To ensure all existing policies and procedures for the 1-1 Support Service are up to date, implemented and further developed, where necessary
• To keep CEO fully updated on Savera UK’s 1-1 Support Service activities and programmes on a weekly/regular basis
• Manage all training and development requests for staff working within the 1-1 Support Service, this includes staff, volunteers and students
• To liaise with all our existing partners/professionals to ensure service delivery
• Strengthen our existing relationships and build new partnerships where possible and appropriate
• To monitor the relevant finances for the 1-1 Support Service (e.g. client grant-making budget)
Organisational and Development:
• To provide evaluation/monitoring and report to the CEO and Board when required
• To evaluate and develop the 1-1 Support Service, in line with the Savera UK vision
• To contribute to and support the delivery of the short/long term Savera UK strategic business plan and communication strategy
• To uphold the values of Savera UK, and all aspect of its confidentiality and Data Protection policies at all times, for the clients and the business of the organisation
• To maintain and advance the public profile of the organisation across all levels
• To work closely with the wider team of Savera UK; participate and contribute to all levels of communication and engagement
• Ensure that all materials and communications used are accurate and always represent and reflect the Savera UK branding
• To support the development and delivery of training/awareness-raising and undertake presentations, as required by the CEO
• Attend relevant meetings and partnership groups.
• To present at Board meetings, when required
• To support with funding bids, as required
• To support in providing monitoring and evaluation report to external funders
Health & Safety:
• To be familiar with relevant policies concerning Health & Safety at work, Safeguarding and relevant health-related policies
• Act as the main point of contact for the 1-1 Support Service, regarding external/partner issues and share information with the CEO
• To assess and manage all risks related to Support Workers, clients and volunteers within the 1-1 Support Service
• To be the first point of contact for any safeguarding concerns, in line with the Savera UK Safeguarding Policy.
General and other:
• To undertake training as identified and approved by the CEO and Board of Directors
• To carry out any other duties commensurate with the role, as required by the CEO and Board
The details contained in this job description reflect the content of this job at the date of being prepared. It is, however, possible that over time the nature of the job will change. At that time the CEO/Savera UK Board will expect to revise this job description in consultation with the post holder.
For a full person specification, and to apply, please visit the Savera UK website.
Closing date: 12pm, Wednesday 14 April 2021. Savera reserves the right to close the vacancy to further applications if sufficient applications are received sooner.Back to blog