Term: 12 month fixed term contract (extension subject to funding).
Hours: Part-time or full-time, (minimum of 3 days, but could be full-time).
Salary: £30,000 per annum, pro rata.
Location: Liverpool based & working across required areas.
Savera UK is a leading national charity (no.1145564), its vision is to eliminate ‘honour-based’ abuse and harmful practices across the UK and beyond. Savera UK’s mission is to tackle the causes and effects of ‘honour’-based abuse and harmful practices by helping clients find their ‘savera’ – meaning ‘new beginning’ by providing one-to-one support for those at risk as well as delivering and providing consultancy and training, raising awareness, and contributing to research. Their values are being approachable, respectful, empowering, collaborative, ambitious, and having good leadership skills.
- To identify opportunities and secure additional funding; also build and manage relationships and business opportunities that support Savera UK’s strategy and ambition for growth.
- To work with the CEO, to develop and deliver the organisational strategy and business development plan, across all income streams.
- To work, with the CEO, to identify potential customers in their proposed new business sectors.
- To work, with the CEO and Savera UK team, to develop new business proposals and presentations that bring together Savera UK’s offer to potential partners.
- To strengthen and build new partnerships and collaborations for business opportunities.
- To develop core income streams that are vital to the success of the organisation over the next 3-5 years, including corporate partnerships, major donors, individual giving, Trusts and Foundations, and legacies.
- Develop KPI’s for income generation from multiple sources, in conjunction with the CEO.
- To develop and deliver creative ways of fundraising.
- To identify, prepare and manage funding bids.
- To provide monitoring and evaluation information to funders.
- Report to the CEO (weekly) on progress against agreed targets and KPIs for new and existing business.
- Increase the charity’s presence in key markets, in line with Savera UK’s ambitious strategic plan and against agreed income targets.
- Work with all the Savera UK team, Board and Advisory Board to identify new partner organisations suitable for them as a charity.
- Provide assistance to the CEO, as and when required.
- Provide and present monitoring and evaluation and income reports.
- Provide long-term development and growth of the finance and business development function, with a view to recruit and increase personnel.
- The successful candidate, in time, will have management recruitment responsibilities, and interaction with volunteers.
- To oversee Savera UK’s finances, to ensure the needs and sustainability of services.
- To work closely with the Finance Lead on the Board, to present quarterly management accounts to the Board of Directors.
- Support the CEO to prepare and present the Annual Accounts report.
- Ensure Savera UK is compliant with Financial Audit requirements.
- Work with all Savera UK staff, and manage all levels of relationships with clients, stakeholders and partners, that support the organisation to generate and grow income, year-on-year.
- Represent the charity at presentations, meetings and events related to securing and maintaining new business partnerships and commissioning for the organisation.
- Manage all aspects of organisational finance and business development.
- To assess and manage all risks related to finance and business development and report to the CEO.
- To undertake training, as identified and approved by the CEO and Board of Directors.
- To carry out any other duties that commensurate with the role, as required by the CEO and Board.
For more information and to download a Person Specification, Application Form and Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form, please visit the Savera website.
Closing date: 12pm on Wednesday 28 July 2021.
(Interviews expected the following week).
For any enquiries, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.Back to blog