Savera UK is dedicated to tackling domestic abuse within BME communities on Merseyside and across the UK. The charity delivers training for the third and public sectors, as well as engaging with communities in tackling issues around honour-based violence and forced marriage. Savera UK maintains a helpline and provides advice, information, support and signposting for victims.
In December 2016, Savera were successful in securing Big Lottery funding as part of the Womens and Girls Initiative. As part of the delivery of this contract Savera UK receive referrals from the Local Authority, Merseyside Police and womens groups and directly support high risk women from Liverpool via a 1:2:1 casework model. There is huge demand for the services and as such, Savera UK is recruiting two new members of ILM trainee members of staff.
ILM vacancies are created to offer opportunities to Merseyside residents, age 16-29, who are not currently in education, training or employment. These roles are created by organisations that need to expand and would benefit from the addition of ‘trainee’ employees within their organisation. These roles receive an element of funding via the ESF ways to work programme.
ILM Events Assistant
The role, following training with include:
- Playing a role in the delivery of the Savera events
- Working with Service Development Manager and Community Engagement Officer to hold regular focus groups with our service users
- Collating feedback from focus groups and identify any gaps in services
- Engaging and organise events and day trips for the clients that we support
- Supporting internal and external marketing and communications functions
ILM Community Engagement Officer
With support, the new trainee Community Engagement Officer will help to engage with our local community and other partnership providers.
Following training, you will:
- Identify local events or drop in’s that Savera can attend to raise the profile of the organisation across Merseyside and Cheshire
- Represent the charity at events, presentations and networking opportunities – (this may include evening and weekend work)
- Identify any possible partnership working with local agencies, charities, schools etc, which would raise the profile of Savera and the work it does
- Assist and deliver community engagement / awareness raising sessions in schools, identifying “young people” champions
- Working with young people on raising the profile of Savera
- Provide a high quality, professional response to phone, mail and email requests
Both roles are funded via Liverpool City Council for a period (usually 6 months). To meet the criteria of this scheme you need to be aged 16-29, not currently in education, training or employment, and a resident of either Liverpool City, the Wirral, Sefton, Knowsley, Halton or St Helens.
For more information and to apply, send your CV to ILM@liverpool.gov.uk.
Closing date: Friday 1 December 2017
Interviews: Tuesday 5 December 2017Back to blog