We have opened our 2020 recruitment and training programme for Volunteer Mediators.
If are interested in contributing to safer and more cohesive communities in Greater Manchester, Merseyside, Lancashire or Cheshire? Then this role may be for you. Volunteer mediators work in pairs, visiting local residents in their own homes and facilitating mediation meetings in neutral venues. They offer support to neighbours who are in dispute, enabling them to communicate effectively, explore their options and identify possible solutions.
We are looking for volunteers who can commit to the following for a minimum of one year:
* 15 hours of mediation work
* 10 hours of continuous professional development
* 4 hours of supervision
In return we can offer:
* Free training – Foundation Course in Mediation Skills (5 days / 40 hours) / plus ongoing training opportunities throughout the year
* Free support and supervision
* Travel expenses when volunteering
We can confirm that the mediation foundation training course will run over the following 5 days – 16, 23, 30 January and 6, 13 February 2020. Attendance on all of the days is mandatory and completion of a learning portfolio is required also.Back to blog