This is a voluntary role.
Posts Available: 2 new members.
Term: Monthly meetings.
Salary: No Salary – Expenses only.
Hours per week: The time commitment for trustees is around 4-6 hours a month. Board meetings are monthly, usually on a Saturday or in the evenings and trustees are required to attend a minimum of 50% each year.
Reporting to: The Trustee Board.
Location: South Liverpool.
As an independent charity, South Liverpool Domestic Abuse Services (SLDAS) offer free and accessible support to women who experience domestic abuse in South and South-Central Liverpool.
Domestic abuse has a devastating impact upon individuals, families and communities. Year on year, recorded incidents of domestic abuse have increased in Merseyside and rose sharply during the pandemic as women were isolated at home with perpetrators. SLDAS saw a significant rise in referrals for support with Covid-19 adding additional and complex pressures on their services. Women are falling through the net and they want to do more to help them.
To support their important work, they need to recruit 2 new trustees to the board. Having reviewed the skills of their current board, they are particularly interested in receiving applications from women with strong skills and professional experience in the following areas:
- Service design/development/evaluation
- Charity governance/legal experience
- Risk management and safeguarding.
Successful candidate(s) will demonstrate:
- A commitment to support women in South Liverpool to live their lives free from violence, abuse and fear
- A willingness and ability to devote the necessary time and effort
- Good, independent judgement and an ability to think creatively
- A willingness to speak your mind
- An understanding and acceptance of the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of trusteeship
- An ability to work effectively as a member of a team.
For an informal discussion or to request a trustee recruitment pack, please contact their Chair Nina Doran via firstname.lastname@example.org. To apply for the role please send the following information to email@example.com:
- Covering Letter (Please outline how you meet the criteria in the Person Specification)
- Completed Equal Opportunities Form.
For more information, please visit the South Liverpool Domestic Abuse Services website or call 0151 494 1777.
Closing date: 5 pm on Friday 22 October 2021.
Date of informal interviews: week commencing 25 October 2021.Back to blog