The Big Give runs the UK’s biggest match funding campaign, The Christmas Challenge.
For seven days, it offers supporters of participating charities the opportunity to have their donation doubled. Founded by entrepreneur and philanthropist Sir Alec Reed CBE, the Christmas Challenge has raised millions of pounds for thousands of charity projects since it launched on the Big Give in 2008.
The Big Give has managed to secure some additional match funding for this year’s Christmas Challenge. As a result, the deadline has now been extended until Friday 19th July at 5pm.
This year they are looking for charities working in a number of areas, including working with children, in health, international development, the heritage sector and many more. They have some new champion funders on board for the first time, so please check the Big Give website for updates on who is funding the campaign this year. Please note that The Christmas Challenge does fund charities working in all cause areas.
Why should you apply for the Christmas Challenge?
- Access match funding from Champion funders – up to £25,000 available
- Use match funds to help you ask donors for support – evidence shows that donors are more likely to give, and to give more
- Build the Christmas Challenge into your Christmas campaign for this year
- Join the #GivingTuesday movement as the campaign launches on this date
- Build your skills in running digital fundraising campaign
- Build your online donor database
- Benefit from additional resources and training
How to apply for the Christmas Challenge?
Find out more, then create an account (or login using an existing account) to apply, by visiting The Big Give’s Website: click this link to be diverted to the relevant page of thebiggive.org.uk.
Deadline Friday 19th July at 5pm.Back to blog