Term: Full Time.
Hours: 35 hours per week (including some evenings and weekends). There is no overtime but TOIL can be taken. This post is also available on a 4 day a week basis salary pro-rata.
Salary: – £17,500 per annum.
Holidays: 4 weeks a year plus bank holidays. When bank holidays are actually taken depends on what activities are taking place. Holidays are pro-rata for anyone working less than a 35 hour week.
Responsible to: Team Managers.
The Black-E is a Liverpool-based multicultural, artist-led, community and arts project. Their Board of Trustees is currently seeking to appoint a competent and experienced Grants & Fundraising Officer to be the organisation’s key liaison person with its major funders & stakeholders. They will also work with colleagues to fundraise for the Black-E’s cultural activities which include raising money for work with young people and equipment. Whilst working with the Board of Trustees and the Finance Manager, the Grants & Fundraising Officer will play an essential role in helping the Black-E achieve its ambition to develop and grow as a premier arts venue and cultural programmer.
The successful candidate is required to possess the following skills, experience and attributes:
Funding and Fundraising:
- A minimum of 3 years experience working with grant-giving bodies and providing examples of successful engagements including amounts raised from whom and when.
- A minimum of 3 years experience of networking and relationship management with national, regional and local funding bodies.
- Direct involvement with income generation and business development plus providing examples of successful projects/services.
- Producing fundraising and income generation plans.
Management and Reporting:
- Experience in reporting to grant-giving bodies and providing examples of reporting methods including grant/project management systems.
- Experience in gathering and collating data for monitoring and reporting.
- Experience in reporting directly to boards of management.
- Experience in creating databases and other forms of information management development.
- Experience in identifying opportunities to develop new funding sources.
- Experience in representing organisations at seminars and conferences.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent IT skills including use of Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Word (or equivalent) and online data input.
For more information, please contact the Black-E for a copy of the full job description, person specification and further instructions on how to apply for the role.
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: 0151 709 5109 (Ask for the Duty Office)
- Drop-In: 10 am – 6 pm (Monday to Friday)
- Post: The Duty Officer, The Black-E, Great George Street, Liverpool, L1 5EW
The closing date for applications is 23 August 2021, no later than 5 pm.
The interview for this post will commence after 5 September 2021, which you will be notified about.
Back to blog