Hours: 4 hours per week (16 hours across the month).
Salary: £9.38 per hour.
Location: South Liverpool (Home-based). You will need to live in or live close to this community to apply.
In this unique role, you will be focused on bringing people together to make a difference in your community. That means talking to Co-op members, colleagues and community groups the Co-op supports. By building relationships with and connecting these people you will be the catalyst for new ideas, initiatives and projects. The Co-op has member pioneers dedicated to each of their communities and you will be a part of this ambitious plan for a better future increasing community co-operation. It’s an opportunity to make a visible difference where you live, supported by an organisation with nearly 70,000 colleagues and over 4.5 million members.
What you will do:
- Develop an action plan to support building stronger and more resilient communities, providing fairer access to food, mental wellbeing services, and opportunities for young people
- Establish and run a local community forum, or make connections with one that already exists
- Build a strong network locally using social media and digital platforms (such as Co-operate) to help
- Understand your community needs, keeping your ear to the ground
- Keep on top of activity in your community which you could partner with to support your ambitious plans
- Prioritise your time, making your hours count and focusing on opportunities to make the biggest difference
This role would suit someone who:
- Has lots of enthusiasm with the ability to get things moving
- Loves working and connecting with people with an inspirational communication style
- Is confident using social media and other IT (ideally including tools like Office365 or Skype)
- Is committed and dedicated
- Is adaptable and will try different ways to get a successful outcome
- Lives within or very close to the community this vacancy supports and has the flexibility with their time to suit the community they serve
For more information and to apply, please contact email@example.com or go to the Co-op website.
Closing date: Applications are being received on a rolling basis.Back to blog