Salary – This is a part time position of 16 hrs per week. £6,514 pa
The 20hrs a week are flexible and can be worked between Monday – Friday according to business needs.
The successful post holder will be responsible for the day to day operations of activities and events to ensure the smooth running of the Florrie and the Florrie is compliant with relevant legislative requirements, good practice and internal policies and procedures for safeguarding and health and safety.
You will be responsible for ensuring effective procedures are put in place for the safeguarding of all staff, volunteers and building users and implement management and compliance procedures accordingly. As part of the ‘front of house’ team you will also work closely with our caretakers to ensure a building maintenance plan is put in place to preserve and maintain the grade two listing of the building.
- Ensure the safe day to day running of the building by being the first point of contact for all safeguarding and health and safety compliance.
- In relation to the building, complete all relevant checks and paperwork such as over see fire drill tests and alarms
- Set up and manage recording systems
- Review and update all health and safety policies and procedures and ensure they are put into practice throughout our day to day work and activities
- Liaise with staff to ensure rooms are set up for daily and weekly activities
- Be the named person for safeguarding and overseeing effective practices throughout the charity
- To be the first point of contact for all issues relating to building maintenance and health and safety
- Advise on the organisations training needs and ensure all staff receive relevant health and safety, safeguarding and first aid training
- Central point of contact for internal and external individuals and agencies related to safeguarding and health and safety
- Being alert to and recognising safeguarding good practice within the organisation
- Any other duties required in accordance with the post
Skills and Experience
Administration and systems (records) management skills
Advice and support provision skills at all levels within the organisation
Knowledge and experience of safeguarding practices within a charity or third sector organisation.
Up to date knowledge of relevant legislative requirements of health and safety practices
Ability to develop and produce national level guidance and resources
Ability to deliver core training and information/guidance within the organisation
This job description identifies key responsibilities and requirements and is not an exhaustive list of tasks that need to be completed. The Florence Institute reserves the right to amend the job description as the role develops within the organisation.
How To apply
Please send a current CV and no more than 2 A4 pages outlining why your skills and experience are suited to the role.
Closing Date for applications Friday 7 December
Interviews to take place Friday 14 December