Hours: Full time
The Girls’ Network is an award-winning charity that works with girls from low-income communities and provides them with a female mentor to open up opportunities and networks that they otherwise would not have access to. We have a large and growing network of supporters, mentors and schools and work across seven regions of England at the moment, with a view to expand. We are looking for someone to help us maintain the quality of our programme and expand our reach to more schools and partners.
Key roles and responsibilities:
1. Drive growth and manage a regional programme
– Provide management of The Girls’ Network activities within Merseyside, alongside Senior Network Manager
– Maintain and develop effective partnerships with new schools, on-boarding and supporting them into the The Girls’ Network programme
– Establish and maintain professional partnerships and sponsorship with local and national businesses
– Evaluate and report on the progress and impact of The Girls’ Network initiatives in the region
2. Manage and support impactful mentoring relationships
– Manage and support impactful mentoring relationships
– Manage the performance of mentors in the regions you are working in to ensure a consistently high standard of mentoring is maintained
– Track the progress of mentoring relationships using data
– Deliver excellent training for mentors and mentees
– Plan, deliver and evaluate engaging and inspiring workshops for mentees and ambassadors
3. Grow our network in Merseyside
– Advocate and promote The Girls’ Network at every opportunity in the regions you are working in, through local media, PR activities and social media
– Report significant successes and achievements to The Girls’ Network senior team
– Identify opportunities along with the Merseyside Senior Network Manager to build the reputation of The Girls’ Network in Merseyside and surrounding areas through events and networking
4. Contribute to the growth and ongoing success of The Girls’ Network:
– Understand the development of school initiatives nationally and in the regions, and understand their impact and implications for The Girls’ Network programmes
– Develop and propose new programme initiatives to the senior team for consideration
– Work with the Director of Corporate Partnerships and Fundraising to meet regional and national funding targets
– You are deeply passionate and driven to achieve equal opportunities for all and will keep the girls we work with at the heart of your work
– You are able to build and manage a number of relationships with a variety of different people and are confident speaking to both young people and adults within schools and businesses
– You are comfortable with delivering set training sessions
– You care about the details and have above average organisation skills
– You are target oriented and will work towards achieving KPIs of the region
– You are flexible in your approach to working with a small organisation and understand the time and resource imitations
Working with The Girls’ Network:
The Girls’ Network values commitment, courage, collaboration and excellence. We are currently a small team of passionate and dedicated people all working towards our mission of achieving unlimited futures for all women. We work flexibly and in a collaborative and incredibly supportive environment and communicate regularly with staff across the country.
New staff go through an in-depth and thorough training programme at the beginning and are given the opportunity to observe and shadow others. Our development programme following this runs for up to two years with opportunities to attend training throughout the year.
• Salary: £25,500
• Permanent contract: probation period of 3 months with view to extend
How to apply:
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “[Your Name] / Merseyside Network Manager”, with your CV and a detailed covering letter outlining why you would like to work for us and what makes you suitable for the role by midnight on Sunday 30th August 2020.
Interviews will be held between 9am-5pm on Thursday 3rd September 2020 via Zoom.
We value diversity, promote equality and challenge discrimination. We encourage and welcome applications from suitably skilled candidates of all genders and backgrounds.
Contact details: email@example.com
Closing date: 30th August (Midnight)Back to blog