The Liverpool Child Friendly City Youth Advisory Group is looking for more young people to join them. It is open to anyone who likes the idea of advising and challenging professionals as well as developing and running plans for community engagement.
The group will be involved in:
- Meeting up as a group regularly
- Checking adults are fulfilling their promises and listening to children & young people
- Speaking up for children and young people whose voices are not being heard
- Taking part in workshops on things like children’s rights and design solutions
- Helping to plan and be part of events
- Polishing their skills in presentation, public speaking and leadership
- Meeting different people from across the community
- Being creative and sharing ideas
- Building new skills
The group meet every fortnight on a Thursday via Zoom for 90 minutes. Do you think that any young people you know may like to give it a try? Currently, the team is made up of older teens aged 16+ but they would love to get some perspectives from younger people too.
For more information and to sign-up, please contact Caroline at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07953131278.
Back to blog