Are you 18-50 years old? Generally well? A non-smoker? The Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine (LSTM) wants to learn about a bacteria called Pneumococcus which is the main cause of pneumonia. In the study, you may receive a pneumococcal vaccine, you will have a small amount of bacteria put into your nose and samples will be taken to learn about the immune response to the bacteria. This will help them develop better vaccines to prevent pneumonia (as well as sepsis and meningitis).
- Have 1 injection (a licensed pneumonia vaccine or saline)
- Have a few drops of the bacteria put into their nose, twice
- Give blood, nose, throat and urine samples
- Attend about 15 appointments over 8 months (10 – 90 mins each)
- Be paid for their participation.
For more information, please call 07740 410 290 or email email@example.com or text 2VOL to 88802.Back to blog