To mark Her Majesty the Queen’s 70th (Platinum) Jubilee, The National Lottery Community Fund will provide grants of up to £50,000 to 70 impactful community projects across the UK. The Platinum Jubilee Fund is now open for applications.
Funding programme key facts:
- Area: Available UK wide but projects do not need to be operating across the UK
- Suitable for: Small local voluntary or community organisations and groups
- £3.5m is available and they’ll be offering grants between £30,000 – £50,000
- 70 projects will receive funding
- Funded projects will have up to 2 years to deliver their activities from award
- Will not cover capital costs.
They want to fund projects aligned to one or more of their three areas of focus:
- Across Generations – Strengthening relationships between generations and creating a legacy for future generations
- Community Renewal – Supporting new opportunities for people to develop skills and experiences in their local community, as well as opportunities to bring people together in new ways, and in new or different places and spaces
- Our Shared Natural World – Deepening our care and action locally for the natural world.
Funded projects will need to be up and running by Her Majesty The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee Central Weekend on 5 June 2022. They plan to make their final decisions on which projects to fund in Spring 2022. So, they would expect the projects they fund under this programme to start in Spring 2022 onwards.
What is an eligible organisation? You can apply if you are a:
- voluntary or community organisation
- registered charity
- constituted group or club
- not-for-profit company or Community Interest Company
- school (as long as your project benefits and involves the communities around the school)
- statutory body (including town, parish, community council or local council).
For help and advice regarding this fund, please contact email@example.com.