Posts available: 1.
Salary: £9.89 per hour.
Hours per week: 16 hours.
Days per week: 7 days on a rota basis (0600-2000) Monday to Sunday.
Reporting to: Cleaning Supervisor.
Location: The Mansion House, Calderstones Park, Liverpool, L18 3JB
The Reader is a national charity that wants to bring about a Reading Revolution so that everyone can experience and enjoy great literature, which they believe is a tool for helping humans survive and live well. By reading with school groups, families, adults, looked after children, older people in care homes, adults with physical and/or mental health conditions, people coping with or recovering from addiction and individuals in the criminal justice system, their work is helping to improve wellbeing, reduce isolation and build stronger communities.
In this role, you will be part of the team that ensures their group members, their staff and volunteers, and members of the public have a comfortable, clean and safe environment in which to work and visit their buildings. You will have held a similar role in the commercial or social enterprise sector and will be able to demonstrate how previous experience translates to this role.
- Ensuring that a first-class cleaning service is delivered to all areas of each building on site by following the schedule prepared by the Head of Facilities
- To operate cleaning machinery safely as set out in training and instructions, and ensure the cleanliness of equipment
- Maintaining cleaning stock levels and informing the Supervisor of low stock levels
- To be a key holder and ensure the integrity of their premises (training provided)
- To undertake basic record-keeping and monitoring as directed by the supervisor and Head of Facilities
- Report any equipment faults to the Cleaning Supervisor and request replacements where necessary
- Working with the cleaning supervisor to ensure all H&S regulations are followed and use approved cleaning materials in accordance with manufacturer’s instructions and COSHH regulations.
- Ability to demonstrate practical planning and delivery
- Strong interpersonal skills and has the ability to communicate effectively with staff, volunteers, group members and members of the public
- Understands and is able to demonstrate the importance of high standards
- Is able to work collaboratively and across a number of premises
- Understands and can demonstrate the importance of COSHH regulations
- Can manage time effectively, be punctual and reliable
- Be flexible to changing demands of the post
- Be trustworthy, maintain confidentiality at all times in respect of organisational matters
- Share their ethos and values
- Have a proven track record of cleaning buildings in the commercial and/or social enterprise sector (desirable).
To read the full job description and to apply, please visit the Reader website.
For more information, please contact Laura Kershaw at firstname.lastname@example.org.
There is no formal closing date for this vacancy. Please note, this vacancy was published in November 2021 and may have expired since then.
Interview date: December 2021.Back to blog